Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > My Firefox home page keeps resetting back to Mozilla

My Firefox home page keeps resetting back to Mozilla

Pat

After uninstalling an extension (sage) in Firefox 1.0, my home page started
reseting itself back to Mozilla (the default) rather than staying set to
google.com, as I want. I also noticed that the bookmark toolbar stopped
showing as well.

Do anyone have any ideas on how to fix these problems. I tried uninstalling
and reinstalling firefox but that made no difference. Up untill this point
it had worked flawlessly.

Thanks for any help. -Pat

someone

> After uninstalling an extension (sage) in Firefox 1.0, my home page started
> reseting itself back to Mozilla

I have user_pref("messenger.throbber.url", "http://www.cnn.com/");
in my user.js file (that Thunderbird uses) and have no problem

Rob (Win XP Tbird & FF ver 1.0) Fruth - Houston, Tx
http://www.rfruth.net

1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)

Pat

As a follow up, I finally resolved the problem by creating a new profile.
However, when I first copied over all the bookmarks, cookies, signons, etc
from the old profile, I ended up with the same issues. I finally discovered
(through process of elimination) that the localstore.rdf was the problem.
So with everything copied over except this, everything worked as expected.

Hope this helps someone.

Pat

"Pat" <pkelecy@insightbb*no_spam*.com> wrote in message
> After uninstalling an extension (sage) in Firefox 1.0, my home page

started
> reseting itself back to Mozilla (the default) rather than staying set to
> google.com, as I want. I also noticed that the bookmark toolbar stopped
> showing as well.
>
> Do anyone have any ideas on how to fix these problems. I tried

uninstalling
> and reinstalling firefox but that made no difference. Up untill this

point
> it had worked flawlessly.
>
> Thanks for any help. -Pat

someone

> As a follow up, I finally resolved the problem by creating a new profile.
> However, when I first copied over all the bookmarks, cookies, signons, etc
> from the old profile, I ended up with the same issues. I finally discovered
> (through process of elimination) that the localstore.rdf was the problem.
> So with everything copied over except this, everything worked as expected.
>
> Hope this helps someone.
>
> Pat

It helped me Pat, localstore.rdf is a file I've never had to fool with.

--
Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx