--------------------------------
From: Sean Liong

-----------------------

<Id>lvslKq+SH0eLlfaRpAsURQ==</Id>

bradley

What type of storage file are you thinking about? Of course cookies are an
option.

"Sean Liong via .NET 247" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Is there any possibilities Read/Write a the storage file from a client

system from a ASP.net web application?
> I think using the activeX component able to achieve this but is there any

other ways?

> --------------------------------
> From: Sean Liong
>
> -----------------------
>
> <Id>lvslKq+SH0eLlfaRpAsURQ==</Id>

=?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=

What about "talking" to CDROM device on the client PC. Like ejecting the
CDROM device, copy files from the cdrom device or play songs using the
ASP.net web based application?

In short, having Read/Write access to the CDROM device?

"bradley" wrote:

> What type of storage file are you thinking about? Of course cookies are an
> option.
>
> "Sean Liong via .NET 247" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any possibilities Read/Write a the storage file from a client

> system from a ASP.net web application?
> > I think using the activeX component able to achieve this but is there any

> other ways?
> >
> > --------------------------------
> > From: Sean Liong

> > Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/)
> >
> > <Id>lvslKq+SH0eLlfaRpAsURQ==</Id>

bradley

Web based technology does not access the local file system. What you are
describing would be something like an ActiveX control embedded in a web
page. Also, read up on "smart client" applicatons in MSDN. However, these
are not true web applications but rather internet enabled windows
applications.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...