Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Crystal Reports: Load report failed error.

Crystal Reports: Load report failed error.

Simon

Hi

I try to open a CR report file located on the network path from a web form
developed with vs2003 and CR for Visual Studio, but the Load method of
ReportDocument object always return error.

---------------------
Load report failed.

Exception Details:
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LoadSaveRep ortException: Load report
failed.

Source Error:

Line 32: oRpt.Load( "\\\\server\\dir\\report.rpt");

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\crtest\webform1.aspx.cs Line: 32

Stack Trace:

[LoadSaveReportException: Load report failed.]
.I(String , EngineExceptionErrorID )
.E(String , Int32 )
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocum ent.Load(String
reportName, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocum ent.Load(String
reportName)
crtest.WebForm1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs evt) in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\crtest\webform1.aspx.cs:32
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

----------

I have tryed to use impersonating setting the web.config file but I still
have a problem.
If I copy locally the CR report file and try to open it the web application
work fine, I try also to open file using FileStream and work.

sample code:

// this work
FileStream fs = new FileStream( "\\\\server\\dir\\report.rpt",
FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read );
fs.Close();

ReportDocument oRpt = new ReportDocument();

// this generate error
oRpt.Load( "\\\\server\\dir\\report.rpt");

// this work
oRpt.Load( "c:\\Temp\\report.rpt");

CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = oRpt;

Some suggestion ?

Thanks in advance

Simon.