Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Quotes on Web Service's SOAP Exceptions

Quotes on Web Service's SOAP Exceptions

Leinal@gmail.com

We are using c# win apps with web services, we have all quotes on our
error messages getting to the client application not in the correct
format, like the next example:
Example:

[WebMethod]
public int hello_world () {
try {

throw new System.Exception ("sesión");

}catch System.Exception () {

throw;
}
}

the word "sesión" arrive to our client as "sesión".

We have tried changing the Enconding of the Web.config:

<globalization
requestEncoding="utf-8"
responseEncoding="utf-8"
/>

but this have not work at all.

I have read a few information on web/groups about problems with sp1,
but still didnt found the workaround to get on client the strings.

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgSmVzc2Vl?=

Have you tried loading the xml into a DOM document and parsig out the
element's value through the DOM? It should translate things correctly.