Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Pulling files from a folder?

Pulling files from a folder?

=?Utf-8?B?UnVkeQ==?=

Hello all!
I have a web application, that I can upload files to a folder from the web
site. The file path is stored in SQL. I have a 73GB drive, external hooked
into the web server. I can load up files fine from the web, but when I try to
pull them back into my web app, they are not showing up. I know that my code
is good, because when I go on thw web through my web server, it will pull
down the files just fine. But if I go on a diffrent computer, the files won't
show up. I tried sharing the folder, but still no go.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Rudy

Peter Rilling

When you say you "pull them back", what do you mean? More specifically,
what error do you get? Also, keep in mind that the browser can only see
files under its virtual root. Where are your files being saved to? If the
files are somewhere other then the virtual root, then you will need to write
some type of proxy which will load the physical file and pass the bytes to
the browser.

"Rudy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all!
> I have a web application, that I can upload files to a folder from the

web
> site. The file path is stored in SQL. I have a 73GB drive, external

hooked
> into the web server. I can load up files fine from the web, but when I try

> pull them back into my web app, they are not showing up. I know that my

code
> is good, because when I go on thw web through my web server, it will pull
> down the files just fine. But if I go on a diffrent computer, the files

won't
> show up. I tried sharing the folder, but still no go.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rudy

=?Utf-8?B?UnVkeQ==?=

Hi Peter!
I mean downloading the files, in this case, .gif's into a data list or
repeater. Right now, my files are saved to an external drive, drive letter
"q". So they are not being saved under the virtual root. I thought that
might have something to do wth that. I want to use the external drive fro my
storage, casuse it 73gig's. My C drive is only a 9GB. Can I do a shortcut or
something like that.

Thanks!

Rudy