Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Master Page Control as Content Page DataSource Select Parameter in 2.0

Master Page Control as Content Page DataSource Select Parameter in 2.0

David

In ASP.NET 2.0, is it possible to use a control that's on a Master Page as a
select parameter in a content page's datasource control? For example, the
Master Page has a drop down list of Departments. Content pages are various
Department reports listed in a TreeView control on the Master Page. From the
content page in the VWD Configure Data Source wizard (which I love!), I was
disappointed when adding a WHERE clause that the Control ID list in the
wizard didn't include any of the Master Page controls. I can see the
Departments drop down list in the Design view, shadowed and just out of
reach! How do I use a Master Page control as a datasource select parameter
for my content pages?
Many thanks for your help and guidance,
David