Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Command line interface to Thunderbird for sending e-mail?

Command line interface to Thunderbird for sending e-mail?

Is there a simple way to send a short e-mail through Thunderbird from a
DOS command prompt?

I have a collection of scheduled batch jobs (.bat files) that run
regularly, performing periodic system maintenance. I would like to add
the ability to send a short e-mail message through Thunderbird from some
of those .bat files so that I can keep a maintenance record in e-mail.

Is that possible?

ps: This is Thunderbird 1.0 on Windows XP Pro

Mark R. Blain

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 08:42:05 -0800, Z wrote:

> Is there a simple way to send a short e-mail through Thunderbird from a
> DOS command prompt?
>
> I have a collection of scheduled batch jobs (.bat files) that run
> regularly, performing periodic system maintenance. I would like to add
> the ability to send a short e-mail message through Thunderbird from some
> of those .bat files so that I can keep a maintenance record in e-mail.

I've no idea. There are a number of small command-line e-mailers
better suited to that purpose, like Blat.
http://www.fredshack.com/docs/dossmtp.html
http://www.blat.net/