Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > THUNDERBIRD text color

THUNDERBIRD text color

=?UTF-8?B?IsaSwq5AbksgcGFuxbHCqcKpSSI=?=

There's gotta be a setting to change this, but I can't find it.

Whenever I respond to an email, the text I type is light grey, which is
very hard to see. I have to select the text, and click the color box to
change it to black.

If I compose an email, but don't start it exactly at the top line, the
text is also light grey, which I change to black (or any other color)
the same way.

This started happening with either version 1.0 or .9. I installed 1.0
very soon after I got .9, so I'm not sure when the grey text problem
started.

--
·
·

Leonidas Jones

ƒ®@nK panű©©I wrote:
> There's gotta be a setting to change this, but I can't find it.
>
> Whenever I respond to an email, the text I type is light grey, which is
> very hard to see. I have to select the text, and click the color box to
> change it to black.
>
> If I compose an email, but don't start it exactly at the top line, the
> text is also light grey, which I change to black (or any other color)
> the same way.
>
> This started happening with either version 1.0 or .9. I installed 1.0
> very soon after I got .9, so I'm not sure when the grey text problem
> started.

I assume that you are composing in HTML mode. What happens if you
choose Plain Text?

Anyhow, if you wish to continue using HTML, try
Tools>>Options>>Composition. Click the HTML Options button. Next to
Text, you will see a box, probably colored light grey. Click on it to
get a color picker, and select black, down in the lower left corner of
the color picker.

Lee

Leonidas Jones wrote:

> I assume that you are composing in HTML mode. What happens if you
> choose Plain Text?
>
> Anyhow, if you wish to continue using HTML, try
> Tools>>Options>>Composition. Click the HTML Options button. Next to
> Text, you will see a box, probably colored light grey. Click on it to
> get a color picker, and select black, down in the lower left corner of
> the color picker.

Thanks, but it's already set to black in the HTML options.
·
·
·
·