Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Cant add file associations in Firefox 1.0 for winXP!?!??! wtf???

Cant add file associations in Firefox 1.0 for winXP!?!??! wtf???

Idolator#556

when I click on a .torrent file it opens it as text. I have to do save
as then double click on it. This is ridiculous.. I went to
Options->downloads in firefox. and low and behold there is "change
action" a "remove" but no "add"

how do I associate torrent files with the program I want to open it
with "azureus" in this case

thanks!

Leonidas Jones

Idolator#556 wrote:
> when I click on a .torrent file it opens it as text. I have to do save
> as then double click on it. This is ridiculous.. I went to
> Options->downloads in firefox. and low and behold there is "change
> action" a "remove" but no "add"
>
> how do I associate torrent files with the program I want to open it
> with "azureus" in this case
>
> thanks!

I suspect an incorrect mime type is being sent from the server. Can you
post the url of this problem site, so we can take a look?

Lee

Idolator#556

Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<8%BKd.108223$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Idolator#556 wrote:
> > when I click on a .torrent file it opens it as text. I have to do save
> > as then double click on it. This is ridiculous.. I went to
> > Options->downloads in firefox. and low and behold there is "change
> > action" a "remove" but no "add"
> >
> > how do I associate torrent files with the program I want to open it
> > with "azureus" in this case
> >
> > thanks!

> I suspect an incorrect mime type is being sent from the server. Can you
> post the url of this problem site, so we can take a look?
>
> Lee

I went to torrentsearch.com

Firefox File Associations Firefox 3 01-30-2007 08:27 AM
HELP: Mozilla stealing graphics file associations Emily Firefox 2 02-01-2004 04:07 PM
Firebird file associations? alabaster Firefox 4 10-12-2003 10:40 PM
Firebird File Associations... Slim Win Firefox 1 09-16-2003 11:16 PM

Advertisments