Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > inserting record through pop window question and then forcing refresh

inserting record through pop window question and then forcing refresh

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

I have a webform with DropDownLists and
and i would like to have a link that would open up a window popup for
the USER to
insert some data into the Database and then on closing the popub window
or clicking the save button i would like to force the main page to
refresh so that the Data would show in the Dropdwon list i want to
insert the Data to
Any ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?U3Jpbml2YXMgTmFkZWxsYQ==?=

Hi Pat
Here is the Code which does that.
Assuming that you have completed the code for loading the data into the
DropDownList.
In the PopupWindow here is the algorithm to follow
if (isPostBack)
{
<Your Asp.Net code to insert the Record>
Response.Write ("<script>window.close();</script>");
}
From the above code current window will be closed and the parent page will
be refreshed and teh data will be loaded into the dropdown list.
I have complete set of code for reference. But I hope the above example does
the thing for you.

Thanks
--
Srinivas Nadella
SSE - Satyam Computer Services

"Patrick Olurotimi Ige" wrote:

> I have a webform with DropDownLists and
> and i would like to have a link that would open up a window popup for
> the USER to
> insert some data into the Database and then on closing the popub window
> or clicking the save button i would like to force the main page to
> refresh so that the Data would show in the Dropdwon list i want to
> insert the Data to
> Any ideas?
>
> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex

Prodip Saha

Patrick- Looks like you will need to implement some javascripts. Have a look at this article on how to work with modal pop up windows- http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/Mo...asp?print=true

You can modify the scripts in the parent window to refresh after returning from child window.

Thanks,
Prodip
www.aspnet4you.com

"Patrick Olurotimi Ige" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I have a webform with DropDownLists and
and i would like to have a link that would open up a window popup for
the USER to
insert some data into the Database and then on closing the popub window
or clicking the save button i would like to force the main page to
refresh so that the Data would show in the Dropdwon list i want to
insert the Data to
Any ideas?

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Thanks guys for the info..