Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Hiding a TreeView node

Hiding a TreeView node

Shafia

Hi,

How do I hide a TreeNode programmatically? the IsVisible property of a node
is readonly. Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance,
Shafia

Brock Allen

If you're talking about the 2.0 TreeView, the TreeNode isn't a control so
it doesn't have a Visible property (as you've discovered). It's just a data
structure for telling the tree what to render. So, the absence of the TreeNode
in the TreeView's Node's collection will prevent it from displaying.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> Hi,
>
> How do I hide a TreeNode programmatically? the IsVisible property of a
> node is readonly. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Shafia

Gabriel Lozano-Morán

The IsVisible() property returns true when the parent node is expanded,
otherwise is returns false. There is no property to hide or display a node.

Gabriel Lozano-Morán

"Shafia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> How do I hide a TreeNode programmatically? the IsVisible property of a
> node
> is readonly. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Shafia

clintonG

I've got question about this myself and assume we may be able to use the
XmlDocument class to preprocess the XML file before populating the tree
control.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
URL http://metromilwaukee.com/