Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Configuration Error in ASP.NET 1.1 App

Configuration Error in ASP.NET 1.1 App

Thomas Satzinger

Hi to all,

i am doing a ASP.NET app in VS2003 (Framework 1.1, SP) under XP SP2.
From time to time, on program startup, i get an error message, telling me
"Configuration Error", "Access denied" on
<add assembly="*"/> in my machine.config.

Closing VS, deleting the Bin - folder, open VS , recompile app helps.

Any ideas on waht is going on here?

I do have a screenshot but cannot post it here

Thomas

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Since you are getting Access Denied Error..
Do the ASPNET acct have the appropriate permissions?
Patrick

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4gU3dhbnNvbg==?=

I was having the same issue. In my case, it was actually Index Server that
was causing the pain. See this article:

Basically, if Index Server tries to catalog the .dll while the asp worker is
trying to access it, IS puts a block on the whole folder. You can either turn
of index server or tell it not to index your asp .net temp folders.

Interestingly, my searching on MS didn't find that article. I finally found
the solution by reading a blog thread I found on Google.