Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP/Custom Activex Error

ASP/Custom Activex Error

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBHYWJyaWVs?=

I have set up a website and am testing ASPs. I have created
a very simple ActiveX component with two interfaces:

AboutBox() - displays About details
calcpi() - returns 3.14159

Here is my configuration (All the most up to date versions
except for Visual C++):

Windows XP (Home Edition).
Visual C++ 6.0
Apache Webserver
SUN ASPONE
Internet Explorer

When I use ATL COM Appwizard to create my ActiveX
component (DLL really), I can get the following
to work quite easily:

<%
Set x =Server.CreateObject("AC.AcCtrl.1")

x.calcpi()
%>

However, when I use MFC ActiveX Control Wizzard to create
my ActiveX (.ocx really) component, the above does not
work. Well, the instantion of the x object appears to
work but I obtain the following error when I try to
invoke x.calcpi():

error '8000ffff'

/t.asp, line 4

Can anyone tell me what they think is happening here?

Possible problems: Internet Explorer ?
ActiveX Wizzard ?
XP Home Edition ?
SUN ASPONE ? (least likely)

Thanks,
John Gabriel

Bruce Barker

to host an active/x control in IE you must implement the IDispatch interface
for all your methods you wish to call. (this is somethimes referd to as a
"dual" interface).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...