Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > can't open URL from thunderbird to firefox

can't open URL from thunderbird to firefox

Dilad

Hi.
I've searched everywhere and canīt find an answer. When I try to open a
link from Thunderbird it shoul open the web browser Firefox but nothin
happens. I've installed firefox firs and remember I had the same
probleme with Outlook express.
Firefox is set as the default browser.
Thanks for all you help.

Leonidas Jones

Dilad wrote:
> Hi.
> I've searched everywhere and canīt find an answer. When I try to open a
> link from Thunderbird it shoul open the web browser Firefox but nothin
> happens. I've installed firefox firs and remember I had the same
> probleme with Outlook express.
> Firefox is set as the default browser.
> Thanks for all you help.

First of all, its recommended to upgrade to TB 1.0, though thats not
likely the problem.

Okay, when you click on a link in TB, nothing happens? That's odd.

Well, try the easy fix anyway. Try opening another browser, IE for
example, and set it as default browser. Open a link in TB. Does it
open in IE? If so, open FF. Set it as default browser. Open TB again,
it should open links in FF.

Lee

Dilad

I've tryed that too. This happens since I've installed Firefox. First
happened with OExpress, now with Thunderbyrd. Must be in one of
thousands registry entrys or something else with the default browser.
I've seen lots of people with this problem but running Linux, not
windows (2000 in my case).
Thanks anyway.

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Dilad wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>> I've searched everywhere and canīt find an answer. When I try to open
>> a link from Thunderbird it shoul open the web browser Firefox but
>> nothin happens. I've installed firefox firs and remember I had the
>> same probleme with Outlook express.
>> Firefox is set as the default browser.
>> Thanks for all you help.

> First of all, its recommended to upgrade to TB 1.0, though thats not
> likely the problem.
>
> Okay, when you click on a link in TB, nothing happens? That's odd.
>
> Well, try the easy fix anyway. Try opening another browser, IE for
> example, and set it as default browser. Open a link in TB. Does it
> open in IE? If so, open FF. Set it as default browser. Open TB again,
> it should open links in FF.
>
> Lee

Dilad

You were right. I've done that lots of times but opening the browser (IE
and Firefo) and setting each one as default). Nothing happens. But doing
that trough "Set program access and defaults" it worked.
Thanks again.