Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird Themes

Thunderbird Themes

Richard

I am having trouble downloading and installing Thunderbird themes. I
follow the instructions and right click, save it to my desktop, go to
Tools, Themes and install but when I go to open it for some reason it
says "Microsoft Picture It Document" Why is it defaulting to this and
how might I install it. Apparently when I download it if I put my cursor
over the file it says the above. Any help I would be grateful.

Leonidas Jones

Richard wrote:
> I am having trouble downloading and installing Thunderbird themes. I
> follow the instructions and right click, save it to my desktop, go to
> Tools, Themes and install but when I go to open it for some reason it
> says "Microsoft Picture It Document" Why is it defaulting to this and
> how might I install it. Apparently when I download it if I put my cursor
> over the file it says the above. Any help I would be grateful.

Does the file you download have a ,jar extension? It is supposed to. I
know nothing bout Picture it, but I can't imagine why it would associate
itself with .jar files.

A jar file is a type of zip archive, which contains all the required
files to install your theme.

Lee

Richard

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Richard wrote:
>
>> I am having trouble downloading and installing Thunderbird themes. I
>> follow the instructions and right click, save it to my desktop, go to
>> Tools, Themes and install but when I go to open it for some reason it
>> says "Microsoft Picture It Document" Why is it defaulting to this and
>> how might I install it. Apparently when I download it if I put my
>> cursor over the file it says the above. Any help I would be grateful.

> Does the file you download have a ,jar extension? It is supposed to. I
> know nothing bout Picture it, but I can't imagine why it would associate
> itself with .jar files.
>
> A jar file is a type of zip archive, which contains all the required
> files to install your theme.
>
> Lee

this is what it says when I right click the file "Microsoft Picture
It! Document it also says "install.php" and Save as "test file" does
this help at all? if I click properities it asks what I want to use to
open it and it is in the Picture it. I have other choices but I am
clueless to as to what to use.
Hey Lee I appreciate you trying to help me here.

Leonidas Jones

Richard wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>> Richard wrote:
>>
>>> I am having trouble downloading and installing Thunderbird themes. I
>>> follow the instructions and right click, save it to my desktop, go to
>>> Tools, Themes and install but when I go to open it for some reason it
>>> says "Microsoft Picture It Document" Why is it defaulting to this and
>>> how might I install it. Apparently when I download it if I put my
>>> cursor over the file it says the above. Any help I would be grateful.

>> Does the file you download have a ,jar extension? It is supposed to.
>> I know nothing bout Picture it, but I can't imagine why it would
>> associate itself with .jar files.
>>
>> A jar file is a type of zip archive, which contains all the required
>> files to install your theme.
>>
>> Lee

> this is what it says when I right click the file "Microsoft Picture
> It! Document it also says "install.php" and Save as "test file" does
> this help at all? if I click properities it asks what I want to use to
> open it and it is in the Picture it. I have other choices but I am
> clueless to as to what to use.
> Hey Lee I appreciate you trying to help me here.

Okay, you didn't actually download the jar file for the theme then.

What theme are trying to get, and where are you getting it form? Maybe
if I look at the page I can help you out.

Lee

Tom Allen

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Richard wrote:

>>>Does the file you download have a ,jar extension? It is supposed to.
>>>I know nothing bout Picture it, but I can't imagine why it would
>>>associate itself with .jar files.
>>>
>>>A jar file is a type of zip archive, which contains all the required
>>>files to install your theme.
>>>
>>>Lee

>> this is what it says when I right click the file "Microsoft Picture
>>It! Document it also says "install.php" and Save as "test file" does
>>this help at all? if I click properities it asks what I want to use to
>>open it and it is in the Picture it. I have other choices but I am
>>clueless to as to what to use.
>>Hey Lee I appreciate you trying to help me here.

> Okay, you didn't actually download the jar file for the theme then.
>
> What theme are trying to get, and where are you getting it form? Maybe
> if I look at the page I can help you out.

No, it looks like he's clicking on the php file. I've had this same
problem.

Richard, you need to right click on the file and d/load it to some
folder where it will be easy to find. Next, open TB, then Tools ->
Themes, and click on the Install button, and browse to the folder with
the file. Notice that the browse window has "File Type" as a jar file.
Click the drop down arrow and pick "All Files". You'll see the new file
with the php extension. Select it and hit OK. TB will recognize and
install the theme.

Tom

Leonidas Jones

Tom Allen wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>> Richard wrote:

>>> this is what it says when I right click the file "Microsoft Picture
>>> It! Document it also says "install.php" and Save as "test file" does
>>> this help at all? if I click properities it asks what I want to use
>>> to open it and it is in the Picture it. I have other choices but I am
>>> clueless to as to what to use.
>>> Hey Lee I appreciate you trying to help me here.

>> Okay, you didn't actually download the jar file for the theme then.
>>
>> What theme are trying to get, and where are you getting it form?
>> Maybe if I look at the page I can help you out.

> No, it looks like he's clicking on the php file. I've had this same
> problem.
>
> Richard, you need to right click on the file and d/load it to some
> folder where it will be easy to find. Next, open TB, then Tools ->
> Themes, and click on the Install button, and browse to the folder with
> the file. Notice that the browse window has "File Type" as a jar file.
> Click the drop down arrow and pick "All Files". You'll see the new file
> with the php extension. Select it and hit OK. TB will recognize and
> install the theme.
>
> Tom

But he already said that he did that.

"I follow the instructions and right click, save it to my desktop"

I think we need to see the page from which ne is getting this theme.

Lee

Richard

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Tom Allen wrote:

>>> Okay, you didn't actually download the jar file for the theme then.
>>>
>>> What theme are trying to get, and where are you getting it form?
>>> Maybe if I look at the page I can help you out.

>> No, it looks like he's clicking on the php file. I've had this same
>> problem.
>>
>> Richard, you need to right click on the file and d/load it to some
>> folder where it will be easy to find. Next, open TB, then Tools ->
>> Themes, and click on the Install button, and browse to the folder with
>> the file. Notice that the browse window has "File Type" as a jar file.
>> Click the drop down arrow and pick "All Files". You'll see the new
>> file with the php extension. Select it and hit OK. TB will recognize
>> and install the theme.
>>
>> Tom

> But he already said that he did that.
>
> "I follow the instructions and right click, save it to my desktop"
>
> I think we need to see the page from which ne is getting this theme.
>
> Lee

the tip from Tom worked. I successfully switched themes.As always I am
grateful for you Lee and Tom for taking time from your lives to help me
sort out my problems.

Thunderbird 1.0 Themes demibee Firefox 5 01-09-2005 02:43 AM
Thunderbird themes won't install : "not compatible with Firefox" Z Firefox 4 01-08-2005 04:58 PM
Thunderbird themes BobT Firefox 0 09-19-2004 12:11 PM

Advertisments