Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Tutorial/Guide help please

Tutorial/Guide help please

me

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a specific site/page that would show how to scan
input from a textfield and look for and convert certian characters in too
special html code.
The example text input would be like this:

The stories of stem cell research <a
href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050523/ap_on_go_co/congress_stem_cells">I
s Heating Up in DC</a>; but in New York<a
href="http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/23/nyregion/23stem.html">Cities get
monies for research</a>

The data is being stored in an xml file. So I need it to be in special html
code to be rendered from xsl file on page load. As well, C# is the language.

TIA Aaron

Craig Deelsnyder

me wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if there is a specific site/page that would show how to scan
> input from a textfield and look for and convert certian characters in too
> special html code.
> The example text input would be like this:
>
> The stories of stem cell research <a
> href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050523/ap_on_go_co/congress_stem_cells">I
> s Heating Up in DC</a>; but in New York<a
> href="http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/23/nyregion/23stem.html">Cities get
> monies for research</a>
>
> The data is being stored in an xml file. So I need it to be in special html
> code to be rendered from xsl file on page load. As well, C# is the language.
>

> TIA Aaron

You definitely would use regular expressions to search and replace text.
http://regexlib.com is one of the best resources if you know something
about them, otherwise start in MSDN.

What are you trying to do here, tho? I don't understand. Are you
trying to store this input, like in the example, in XML? If so, just
wrap it in a CDATA section. But are you then trying to do some munging
via XSL on the 'way out' of the file to the page/HTML? Don't understand
this latter part either.

--
Craig Deelsnyder
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET