Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > HELP: intercept request and redirect before page is laoded

HELP: intercept request and redirect before page is laoded

super todd

user launches:

GET http://www.somewhere.com/someVirtual

we need to intercept and redirect to:

http://www.somewhere.com/handler.asp...al=someVirtual

Any ideas how? The key here is that the virtual is removed and passed
as a parameter to my aspx page somehow. and that all request have the
same functionality of the stripping and passing of the virtual. Thx

Business Background: sales sold the product promising that all pages be
hosted within a company designated virtual. I don't want to be in the
business of configuring virtual directories for the rest of my life.
there must be some way to automate this. I think in ASP I could have
used an ISAPI filter to handle the request, not sure about dotnet.

Please help. Thx again.

Bruce Barker

see httpmodules and url rewriting. google this newsgroup for samples.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...