Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Security overview help

Security overview help

darrel

I haven't done a lot with security log in (authentication). I've done a few
forms authentication with a static login in the webconfig file and I've done
a little bit with active directory (Windows Authenticaion?)

So, now I want to do something a bit more complex.

We have active directory accounts. I also have a table called 'usergroups'
in my database. Each usergroup will have a variety of active directory
accounts assigned to it.

I'm trying to figure out the basic concept of what I need to do.

I assume I need to grab their windows log-in information when they get to
the site, query the DB to see what groups they belong to, set a cookie (or
user session?), and then check against the cookie on each page?

Is that pretty much the jist of it or am I missing some part of the concept?

-Darrel