Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > mozilla news reader not remembering who I am

mozilla news reader not remembering who I am

william kossack

I have been getting nntp errors with mozilla

I am being repeatedly asked for the user and password while reading news
groups even though I am set up to remember my account information

Sometimes I'm asked for the information several times in a row even
though I check the box to remember my user id etc

any help here would be appreciated

Ranjit

william kossack wrote:
> I have been getting nntp errors with mozilla
>
> I am being repeatedly asked for the user and password while reading news
> groups even though I am set up to remember my account information
>
> Sometimes I'm asked for the information several times in a row even
> though I check the box to remember my user id etc
>
> any help here would be appreciated

Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> password
Try to clear the saved password for the nntp server (under "manage
stored passwords") and see if u still get the error.

Leonidas Jones

william kossack wrote:
> I have been getting nntp errors with mozilla
>
> I am being repeatedly asked for the user and password while reading news
> groups even though I am set up to remember my account information
>
> Sometimes I'm asked for the information several times in a row even
> though I check the box to remember my user id etc
>
> any help here would be appreciated

First step. go into Password Manager, and delete all references to the
account. Log into the account again, input your password, and see if it
sticks this time.

Lee

Moz Champion

william kossack wrote:

> I have been getting nntp errors with mozilla
>
> I am being repeatedly asked for the user and password while reading news
> groups even though I am set up to remember my account information
>
> Sometimes I'm asked for the information several times in a row even
> though I check the box to remember my user id etc
>
> any help here would be appreciated

May I suggest an upgrade is in order <g>

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org