Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Have to start FF 2 times

Have to start FF 2 times

me

I think this one has never been discussed. When I start FireFox I get the
browser window but nothing else, nothing opens in it and wont.. I have to
start a 2nd browser window before it will work. Then I can close the first
dead one.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Leonidas Jones

me wrote:
> I think this one has never been discussed. When I start FireFox I get the
> browser window but nothing else, nothing opens in it and wont.. I have to
> start a 2nd browser window before it will work. Then I can close the first
> dead one.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Thanks

I get this occasionally with Portable Thunderbird, but I have not
noticed it with FF 1.0. I assume you are using the release version, not
a nightly build?

Try starting it in Safe Mode, which will disable extensions, and see if
you still experience the same difficulty.

Leee

me

Yes its the final release. I will try safe mode.

Thanks

"Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:V7PHd.54577$(E-Mail Removed)...
> me wrote:
>> I think this one has never been discussed. When I start FireFox I get the
>> browser window but nothing else, nothing opens in it and wont.. I have to
>> start a 2nd browser window before it will work. Then I can close the
>> first dead one.
>>
>> Any Ideas?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> I get this occasionally with Portable Thunderbird, but I have not noticed
> it with FF 1.0. I assume you are using the release version, not a nightly
> build?
>
> Try starting it in Safe Mode, which will disable extensions, and see if
> you still experience the same difficulty.
>
> Leee

Leonidas Jones

me wrote:
> Yes its the final release. I will try safe mode.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:V7PHd.54577$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>me wrote:
>>
>>>I think this one has never been discussed. When I start FireFox I get the
>>>browser window but nothing else, nothing opens in it and wont.. I have to
>>>start a 2nd browser window before it will work. Then I can close the
>>>first dead one.
>>>
>>>Any Ideas?
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>

>>I get this occasionally with Portable Thunderbird, but I have not noticed
>>it with FF 1.0. I assume you are using the release version, not a nightly
>>build?
>>
>>Try starting it in Safe Mode, which will disable extensions, and see if
>>you still experience the same difficulty.
>>
>>Leee

Keep us posted.

Lee

norm

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:11:03 -0600, "me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I think this one has never been discussed. When I start FireFox I get the
>browser window but nothing else, nothing opens in it and wont.. I have to
>start a 2nd browser window before it will work. Then I can close the first
>dead one.
>
>Any Ideas?
>
>Thanks

Similar problem, but only occasionally and then I have to reboot.
Seems something to do do with closing tabs but I cant reproduce it.

norm

Jim

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:21:41 GMT, Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>me wrote:
>> I think this one has never been discussed. When I start FireFox I get the
>> browser window but nothing else, nothing opens in it and wont.. I have to
>> start a 2nd browser window before it will work. Then I can close the first
>> dead one.
>>
>> Any Ideas?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>I get this occasionally with Portable Thunderbird, but I have not
>noticed it with FF 1.0. I assume you are using the release version, not
>a nightly build?
>
>Try starting it in Safe Mode, which will disable extensions, and see if
>you still experience the same difficulty.
>
>Leee

Never seen this with Firefox (1.0), but one time T-Bird 1.0 came up
with all the proper windows layed out but nothing in them. Only once
and I closed and restarted it.

Leonidas Jones

Jim wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:21:41 GMT, Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>me wrote:
>>
>>>I think this one has never been discussed. When I start FireFox I get the
>>>browser window but nothing else, nothing opens in it and wont.. I have to
>>>start a 2nd browser window before it will work. Then I can close the first
>>>dead one.
>>>
>>>Any Ideas?
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>

>>I get this occasionally with Portable Thunderbird, but I have not
>>noticed it with FF 1.0. I assume you are using the release version, not
>>a nightly build?
>>
>>Try starting it in Safe Mode, which will disable extensions, and see if
>>you still experience the same difficulty.
>>
>>Leee

> Never seen this with Firefox (1.0), but one time T-Bird 1.0 came up
> with all the proper windows layed out but nothing in them. Only once
> and I closed and restarted it.

It happens to me frequently with Portable Thunderbird, usually with the
first opening after transferring the portable drive from one PC to
another. I've never seen it with Firefox, portable or fixed.

Lee