Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > FireFox V1.0 locks up

FireFox V1.0 locks up

mosemoots

FireFox V 1.0 will lock my Win XP Home computer up so bad that ctrl-alt-del
won't work. It always happens when my pointer is over the scrollbar on the
right side of the screen, either when I attempt to drag down the screen or
click the arrows top or bottom. The pointer will freeze, then after several
seconds the pointer disappears. Sometimes a "beep" is heard. Any ideas ?
-robert-

Moz Champion

mosemoots wrote:

> FireFox V 1.0 will lock my Win XP Home computer up so bad that ctrl-alt-del
> won't work. It always happens when my pointer is over the scrollbar on the
> right side of the screen, either when I attempt to drag down the screen or
> click the arrows top or bottom. The pointer will freeze, then after several
> seconds the pointer disappears. Sometimes a "beep" is heard. Any ideas ?
> -robert-

Is this a new installation? An upgrade? Has it always done this?

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

mosemoots

I had one of the earlier versions installed, but only used it rarely. I
never saw it lock up. I uninstalled that version before installing my
current version 1.0.....
"Moz Champion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:MVKHd.5544$(E-Mail Removed)...
> mosemoots wrote:
>
> > FireFox V 1.0 will lock my Win XP Home computer up so bad that

ctrl-alt-del
> > won't work. It always happens when my pointer is over the scrollbar on

the
> > right side of the screen, either when I attempt to drag down the screen

or
> > click the arrows top or bottom. The pointer will freeze, then after

several
> > seconds the pointer disappears. Sometimes a "beep" is heard. Any ideas ?
> > -robert-
> >

> Is this a new installation? An upgrade? Has it always done this?
>
> --
> Mozilla Champion
> UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
> Mozilla Champions - http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org
> Mozilla Manual - http://mozmanual.mozdev.org/

Leonidas Jones

mosemoots wrote:
> I had one of the earlier versions installed, but only used it rarely. I
> never saw it lock up. I uninstalled that version before installing my
> current version 1.0.....
> "Moz Champion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:MVKHd.5544$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>mosemoots wrote:
>>

>>>FireFox V 1.0 will lock my Win XP Home computer up so bad that

> ctrl-alt-del
>
>>>won't work. It always happens when my pointer is over the scrollbar on

> the
>
>>>right side of the screen, either when I attempt to drag down the screen

> or
>
>>>click the arrows top or bottom. The pointer will freeze, then after

> several
>
>>>seconds the pointer disappears. Sometimes a "beep" is heard. Any ideas ?
>>>-robert-
>>>

>>Is this a new installation? An upgrade? Has it always done this?
>>
>>--
>>Mozilla Champion
>>UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
>>Mozilla Champions - http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org
>>Mozilla Manual - http://mozmanual.mozdev.org/

Does it do this when you open in Safe Mode?

Lee