Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox cache clearing

Firefox cache clearing

pd

of disk space for the cache.

When I clear the cache, it is inconsistent in it's actions. Sometimes
the "Clear" button becomes greyed out and stays greyed out preventing me
from clicking it a second time until I click OK and reopen the <privacy>
page again, but sometimes it becomes greyed out and then becomes
selectable again and I can click it numerous times without it staying
greyed out.

Does anyone know why this happens? Should it? Does it mean anything?

Keith

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:04:21 -0500, pd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anyone know why this happens? Should it? Does it mean anything?

You are worrying about nothing. Your cache is never cleared until you
shatter your HD into a million bits.

--
Best Regards, Keith
http://kilowatt-radio.org/ NW Oregon Radio Page

pd

Now after reading the post "Re: about: options" and entering
"about:cache" I have discovered that when the "clear" button reappears
and I can click it again, the cache **IS NOT** being cleared.

On 1/18/2005 12:04 AM pd exclaimed
> of disk space for the cache.
>
> When I clear the cache, it is inconsistent in it's actions. Sometimes
> the "Clear" button becomes greyed out and stays greyed out preventing me
> from clicking it a second time until I click OK and reopen the <privacy>
> page again, but sometimes it becomes greyed out and then becomes
> selectable again and I can click it numerous times without it staying
> greyed out.
>
> Does anyone know why this happens? Should it? Does it mean anything?

John

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:04:21 -0500, pd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>of disk space for the cache.
>
>When I clear the cache, it is inconsistent in it's actions. Sometimes
>the "Clear" button becomes greyed out and stays greyed out preventing me
>from clicking it a second time until I click OK and reopen the <privacy>
>page again, but sometimes it becomes greyed out and then becomes
>selectable again and I can click it numerous times without it staying
>greyed out.
>
>Does anyone know why this happens? Should it? Does it mean anything?

pd:
Tis is not a direct answer to your question, but this is how I handled it
(probabaly does not apply if you're on a dial-up or slow connection):

I have DSL which usually runs at about 2.5 Mb down - so caching does not
contribute a whole lot .
By the same token, nothing goes into the "Cache" folder to be cleaned out
later.

Cheers!

John <><