Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mozilla news reader reads too many headers?

Mozilla news reader reads too many headers?

William W. Plummer

Some news groups (rec.aviation.piloting for one) cause the news reader
to display "27124 of 151,024 headers read" or something similar. It
takes quite awhile to read all of them and most of the time no unread
messages are displayed. Is there a way to make Mozilla remember what
it has read and skip it next time?

KeithS

William W. Plummer wrote:

> Is there a way to make Mozilla remember what
> it has read and skip it next time?

View/Threads/Threads with unread ?
KeithS

William W. Plummer

KeithS wrote:
> William W. Plummer wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to make Mozilla remember what it has read and skip
>> it next time?

> View/Threads/Threads with unread ?
> KeithS

Yep. That's what I use. But everytime I start Mozilla, it re-reads
all the headers.

Moz Champion

William W. Plummer wrote:

> KeithS wrote:
>
>> William W. Plummer wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a way to make Mozilla remember what it has read and skip
>>> it next time?

>> View/Threads/Threads with unread ?
>> KeithS

> Yep. That's what I use. But everytime I start Mozilla, it re-reads
> all the headers.

When you download, use the dialogue to select only the last 100 or so,
and checkmark mark remaining headers read.

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org