Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Downloading pdf's

Downloading pdf's

Bizkaz

Hi,
Have looked through posts and can't find an answer........so, I have Adobe
acrobat, but whenever i click on a link to a pdf download i get a blank
mozilla browser screen with done in bottom left.
Any Ideas (in laymans terms)
Thanks in Advance
Biz

SightSeer

Bizkaz wrote:
> Hi,
> Have looked through posts and can't find an answer........so, I have Adobe
> acrobat, but whenever i click on a link to a pdf download i get a blank
> mozilla browser screen with done in bottom left.
> Any Ideas (in laymans terms)
> Thanks in Advance
> Biz

Off hand I'd say make sure that you have Adobe set as the default
program to handle/open .pdf files.

Tools Options Downloads File Types

SS

--
"Nothing is more sacred than facts. Where we have reason, we don't need
faith."

Bizkaz

Indeed you're right - I find that box entirely empty, and try as i might
can't find how to add adobe reader as the prog to use for .pdf's.
Sorry to be dense...........can you offer another word or two of advice
Thanks Biz

Moz Champion

Bizkaz wrote:

> Hi,
> Have looked through posts and can't find an answer........so, I have Adobe
> acrobat, but whenever i click on a link to a pdf download i get a blank
> mozilla browser screen with done in bottom left.
> Any Ideas (in laymans terms)
> Thanks in Advance
> Biz

You dont mention what system you are running.

With Windows you have to ensure the Acrobat Plug in is available for
Mozilla, with Mac you have to use a third party plug in.

Once the plug in is available to Moz, the pdf files should show up (and
you dont need a helper setting)

In fact, since you are NOT getting a "....does not know what to to with
this file" dialogue, you most likely DO have the pdf plug in already.
So the issue becomes one of which version of the plug in do you have?
Some users have experienced difficulties with some versions dependent on
the actual system in use.

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org