Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > DblQtGoogleUkGrp.src for Ff & Moz Search bar

DblQtGoogleUkGrp.src for Ff & Moz Search bar

Splibbilla

first, the minor 'bad news'
Because of varied google handling of diverse search inputs, I can't get the sidebar to work.

Testing two search phrases
whose dog
onion b
I tried two different terms for resultItemEnd:

resultItemEnd=')</a></font>'
whose dog
lists only second google result, but none of the other many actual results
haha
lists only second google result, but none of the other many actual results

onion b
lists both "Did you mean" but skips first result

resultItemEnd='</p>'
whose dog
lists only first google result, but none of the other many actual results
haha
lists only first google result, but none of the other many actual results

onion b
lists only first "Did you mean"

The resultItemEnd screws it up cuz google's "Did you mean?" doesn't have that resultItemEnd. So SRC (as seen in sidebar)
picks up "did you mean?" Then SRC doesn't look for another link until *after* it finds the resultItemEnd for the first true search
result. So then SRC finds resultItemStart for the *second* result.

But while 'winging it' by editing SRC with copied bits from Source info, I believe sidebar mess may be complicated by this
resultListStart
resultListStart='Related groups:&nbsp;&nbsp;</font>'

I don't use the sidebar, so I'll let other people work on it if they so desire.

Splibbilla

copy text below into a text file
name this file DblQtGoogleUkGrp.src
put it into your searchplugins folder

#-----------------
# Version: 1.0 as if I'll keep track of "version"; the date is only a bit more reliable: Last updated: 16-Jan-05 08:51
# Mangled (before & after Search Plugins Generator Copyright (C) 2002-2003 MozillaPL Team http://mozillapl.org/)
by Splibblerp News://alt.fan.mozilla
#-----------------

<search
version="7.1"
name="DblQtGoogleUkGrp"
description="Double Quote GoogleUk Groups Search, One Year (to Today), Subtract Spam terms"
method="get"
action="http://groups.google.co.uk/groups"
searchForm="http://groups.google.co.uk/"
queryEncoding='ISO-8859-1'
queryCharset='ISO-8859-1'

# http://mycroft.mozdev.org/deepdocs/inputtags.html#user
<input name="as_epq" user="">
# I chose these, but google url has other inputs
<input name="as_eq" value="Fs For-Sale Forsale net.abuse marketplace">
<input name="as_qdr" value="y">
# <input name="sourceid" value="mozilla-search">
<input name="sourceid" value="BadSidebar-Search-Haha">

<interpret
browserResultType='result'
# sidebar mess may be complicated by this resultListStart
resultListStart='Related groups:&nbsp;&nbsp;</font>'
resultListEnd='</div><br clear=all>'
# both resultItemStart give proper google web page, but sidebar is *sometimes* more defective with this:
resultItemStart='<p>'
# than with this:
# resultItemStart=')</a></font>'
resultItemEnd='</p>'
charset='ISO-8859-1'

</search>

<browser
# update="http://mycroft.mozdev.org/plugins/DblQtGoogleUkGrp.src"
# updateicon="http://mycroft.mozdev.org/plugins/DblQtGoogleUkGrp.png"
# updateCheckDays=1
# or edit your own PNG, or just search for a PNG

Splibbilla

icon for searchbar

http://www.imagehosting.us/imagehost...png/?id=144629