Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Collapsable paragraphs...

Collapsable paragraphs...

Rlrcstr

How would one implement collapsable paragraphs of text in an HTML page? I
want the sections of the document to be expandable for full text or
collapsed into just the section heading. Any help is appreciated.

Jerry

Showjumper

Javascript is the way to go. You could use it to swap classes (styles) from
visible to hidden.
"Rlrcstr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How would one implement collapsable paragraphs of text in an HTML page? I
> want the sections of the document to be expandable for full text or
> collapsed into just the section heading. Any help is appreciated.
>
> Jerry

Rlrcstr

I'm not sure I can rely on the end user having a JVM... Any way to do this
with DHTML?
And if you could point me to an example, that would be great. I'm a bit new
to the web side of things. Thanks.

"Showjumper" <kds> wrote in message
news:u9%23I$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Javascript is the way to go. You could use it to swap classes (styles)
> from visible to hidden.
> "Rlrcstr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> How would one implement collapsable paragraphs of text in an HTML page?
>> I want the sections of the document to be expandable for full text or
>> collapsed into just the section heading. Any help is appreciated.
>>
>> Jerry

Bruce Barker

a little client script and css - see the display style.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"Rlrcstr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How would one implement collapsable paragraphs of text in an HTML page? I
> want the sections of the document to be expandable for full text or
> collapsed into just the section heading. Any help is appreciated.
>
> Jerry

Rlrcstr

Thanks for the response, Bruce, but it doesn't really mean much to me. I'm
still a student of this stuff. Can you give me a little more to go on?

"Bruce Barker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>a little client script and css - see the display style.
>
> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
>

> "Rlrcstr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> How would one implement collapsable paragraphs of text in an HTML page?
>> I want the sections of the document to be expandable for full text or
>> collapsed into just the section heading. Any help is appreciated.
>>
>> Jerry

Showjumper

DHTML is using javascript to control css and or html elements, not a java
virtual machine
"Rlrcstr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm not sure I can rely on the end user having a JVM... Any way to do
> this with DHTML?
> And if you could point me to an example, that would be great. I'm a bit
> new to the web side of things. Thanks.
>

> "Showjumper" <kds> wrote in message
> news:u9%23I$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Javascript is the way to go. You could use it to swap classes (styles)
>> from visible to hidden.
>> "Rlrcstr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> How would one implement collapsable paragraphs of text in an HTML page?
>>> I want the sections of the document to be expandable for full text or
>>> collapsed into just the section heading. Any help is appreciated.
>>>
>>> Jerry

Showjumper

Start here:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...script&spell=1
"Rlrcstr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm not sure I can rely on the end user having a JVM... Any way to do
> this with DHTML?
> And if you could point me to an example, that would be great. I'm a bit
> new to the web side of things. Thanks.
>

> "Showjumper" <kds> wrote in message
> news:u9%23I$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Javascript is the way to go. You could use it to swap classes (styles)
>> from visible to hidden.
>> "Rlrcstr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> How would one implement collapsable paragraphs of text in an HTML page?
>>> I want the sections of the document to be expandable for full text or
>>> collapsed into just the section heading. Any help is appreciated.
>>>
>>> Jerry

Rlrcstr

Very cool... Thanks.