Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Can i remove mail over say 30 days old ?

Can i remove mail over say 30 days old ?

Rick

I have a few mailing lists that send me mail...

Can I set this up to remove them once they are 30 days old ?

I know i can do it for mails coming in but can i do it for mail sat in
folders ?

RICK

Stephen

Rick wrote:
> I have a few mailing lists that send me mail...
>
> Can I set this up to remove them once they are 30 days old ?
>
> I know i can do it for mails coming in but can i do it for mail sat in
> folders ?

AFAICS this is not possible, unlike Pegasus.

The best solution I have found is to set up a 'saved search' folder
which filters & collates messages older than 30 days from several
mailing-list folders. I periodically open this folder, press <ctrl-a> &
<delete>.

--
Regards,

Stephen

Basil

Rick schreef op 15/01/2005 14:58:

> I have a few mailing lists that send me mail...
>
> Can I set this up to remove them once they are 30 days old ?
>
> I know i can do it for mails coming in but can i do it for mail sat in
> folders ?

(disclaimer: I use the Dutch version of TB, so I'm not too sure about
the terminology)

I have a filter 'Old mail' that says 'Age in Days' is more than 7 days
-> move to wastebasket. Every now and then I run this filter (Extra ->
Run filters on this folder) on my folder Mailing lists or Logs or other
stuff I don't want to keep longer than a week. So it's manual, and I
really don't want to run it on my Inbox but it's easier than just
deleting the old mail.

Probably not the answer you wanted to have

--
Basil

Rick

Stephen wrote:
> Rick wrote:
>
>> I have a few mailing lists that send me mail...
>>
>> Can I set this up to remove them once they are 30 days old ?
>>
>> I know i can do it for mails coming in but can i do it for mail sat in
>> folders ?

> AFAICS this is not possible, unlike Pegasus.
>
> The best solution I have found is to set up a 'saved search' folder
> which filters & collates messages older than 30 days from several
> mailing-list folders. I periodically open this folder, press <ctrl-a> &
> <delete>.

Nice one mate, thats the one for me ....

THANKS

RICK

Moz Champion

Rick wrote:

> I have a few mailing lists that send me mail...
>
> Can I set this up to remove them once they are 30 days old ?
>
> I know i can do it for mails coming in but can i do it for mail sat in
> folders ?
>
> RICK

Sure

Have them routed to a specific folder when they are incoming
Then set up a filter for that folder that uses days old as a parameter
Run the filter on the folder periodically

Filters run automatically on incoming mail, but have to be told (Run
filters on folder) for extant folders

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org