Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > httpcontext.current.session doesn't get correct session

httpcontext.current.session doesn't get correct session

midgetgem@boltblue.com

I'm storing a DataTable in a session object and call a seperate class
with a method in it to work with.

How do I access the session from this class?

I was using HttpContext.Current.Session, but that isn't the same
session (has a different session ID).

Could I pass in the session as a reference and if so, how?

Or could I pass in the session ID and then retrieve that session from
the other class, and again, if so, how?

Thanks in advance

Lucas Tam

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> I was using HttpContext.Current.Session, but that isn't the same
> session (has a different session ID).
>
> Could I pass in the session as a reference and if so, how?
>
> Or could I pass in the session ID and then retrieve that session from
> the other class, and again, if so, how?

Try passing in an entire context object to the child class. See if that
works.

Sort of odd that the context in the child class would be different however
: )

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

William F. Robertson, Jr.

I have a hard time with the HttpContext.Current.Session being different with
than the Page.Session object. Are you in the same thread? Is it possible
there is a concurrency issue with your class?

bill

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I'm storing a DataTable in a session object and call a seperate class
> with a method in it to work with.
>
> How do I access the session from this class?
>
> I was using HttpContext.Current.Session, but that isn't the same
> session (has a different session ID).
>
> Could I pass in the session as a reference and if so, how?
>
> Or could I pass in the session ID and then retrieve that session from
> the other class, and again, if so, how?
>
> Thanks in advance

simulation result is correct but synthesis result is not correct J.Ram VHDL 7 12-03-2008 01:26 PM
Uploaded File Empty but in correct folder with correct name froil Perl Misc 12 03-02-2006 01:21 PM
Correct White Balance Doesn't Mean Correct Color?? jim evans Digital Photography 28 12-27-2005 05:10 AM
correct or not correct? Dan HTML 7 10-02-2003 10:16 PM
To correct my program. please, check to find errors and correct me. joon Java 1 07-08-2003 06:13 AM

Advertisments