Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Credit card validation

Credit card validation

=?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHk=?=

I need a credit card validator. Is there reliable code already written that
anyone knows of? I have come across a few things; i.e. the Luhn-10
algorithm, but don't know if that still applies or is obsolete and
additionally, how would I incorporate it into a vb.Net app?

Does anyone have helpful links?
--
Sandy

TJS

google this :

asp.net credit card validation

"Sandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need a credit card validator. Is there reliable code already written
>that
> anyone knows of? I have come across a few things; i.e. the Luhn-10
> algorithm, but don't know if that still applies or is obsolete and
> additionally, how would I incorporate it into a vb.Net app?
>
> Does anyone have helpful links?
> --
> Sandy

Ben Amada

Sandy wrote:

> I need a credit card validator. Is there reliable code already written
> that anyone knows of? I have come across a few things; i.e. the Luhn-10
> algorithm, but don't know if that still applies or is obsolete and
> additionally, how would I incorporate it into a vb.Net app?
>
> Does anyone have helpful links?

Luhn formula still works. Here's a javascript implementation of Luhn:

http://www.brainjar.com/js/validation/default2.asp

You can somehow incorporate it into an ASP.NET page yourself, or you could
use a 3rd party validator that does credit card validation like this one:

http://www.peterblum.com/VAM/Special...%23Specialized

Ben

=?Utf-8?B?SGVybWl0IERhdmU=?=

Sandy,

Have a look at this article. It contains a demo code and an asp.net control
which does basic validation
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/cr...dvalidator.asp

HTH,

Hermit Dave
http://hdave.blogsot.com

"Sandy" wrote:

> I need a credit card validator. Is there reliable code already written that
> anyone knows of? I have come across a few things; i.e. the Luhn-10
> algorithm, but don't know if that still applies or is obsolete and
> additionally, how would I incorporate it into a vb.Net app?
>
> Does anyone have helpful links?
> --
> Sandy

Eirik Eldorsen

I use this validator:

http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/cr...dvalidator.asp

"Sandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need a credit card validator. Is there reliable code already written
>that
> anyone knows of? I have come across a few things; i.e. the Luhn-10
> algorithm, but don't know if that still applies or is obsolete and
> additionally, how would I incorporate it into a vb.Net app?
>
> Does anyone have helpful links?
> --
> Sandy

Peter Blum

A CreditCardNumberValidator is one of the 25 validators in my Professional
Validation And More (http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx). Its fully
tested, supports client-side validation (on many more browsers than the
ordinary Microsoft validators), and allows customizing the list of credit
card brands.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx

"Sandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need a credit card validator. Is there reliable code already written
>that
> anyone knows of? I have come across a few things; i.e. the Luhn-10
> algorithm, but don't know if that still applies or is obsolete and
> additionally, how would I incorporate it into a vb.Net app?
>
> Does anyone have helpful links?
> --
> Sandy

=?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHk=?=

Thanks All!

--
> Sandy

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Here's some good links that can get you started:
http://www.componentone.com/paypal/
http://www.verisign.com/products-ser...ent/index.html
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...rchant-outside

--