Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Getting local client UTC offset

Getting local client UTC offset

Buddy Ackerman

Is there a way to get the client's local UTC offset posted back to the server with each form post? Our records are
stored with the UTC date and I need convert this to the users local timezone so that I can determine if the record
scheduled event is in the future or in the past for that user. The only thing I can think of to do right no is put a
hidden field in every form on the site and populate it with client side javascript. There must be an easier way.

--Buddy