Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Exporting data into Excel, Word in ASP.NET - Please help !!!

Exporting data into Excel, Word in ASP.NET - Please help !!!

bienwell

Hi all,

I have a datagrid control with data in my Web page. I have a Link button
"Exporting data" like this:

<asp:Linkbutton id="linkbtn3" Visible="false" Text="Exporting data"
OnClick="ExportingData" Runat="Server" />

How does the code look like in the Sub "ExportingData" to export data into
excel, word ..?

Please give me your ideas ? Thanks in advance

=?Utf-8?B?RWx0b24gVw==?=

Look at following URL:

HTH

Elton Wang

"bienwell" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a datagrid control with data in my Web page. I have a Link button
> "Exporting data" like this:
>
> <asp:Linkbutton id="linkbtn3" Visible="false" Text="Exporting data"
> OnClick="ExportingData" Runat="Server" />
>
> How does the code look like in the Sub "ExportingData" to export data into
> excel, word ..?
>
> Please give me your ideas ? Thanks in advance

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You could simply output the data into this free ExportPanel control and let
it handle the Export for you:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ExportPanel.aspx

Or if you want to handle things a bit more manually, you could use any of
the techniques outlined here:
http://SteveOrr.net/Articles/ExcelExport.aspx

Finally, if you find your needs becoming quite advanced, you could use a 3rd
part component:
http://www.SteveOrr.net/Reviews/AsposeExcel.aspx
http://www.SteveOrr.net/Reviews/AsposeWord.aspx
http://officewriter.softartisans.com...writer-37.aspx

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"bienwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I have a datagrid control with data in my Web page. I have a Link button
> "Exporting data" like this:
>
> <asp:Linkbutton id="linkbtn3" Visible="false" Text="Exporting data"
> OnClick="ExportingData" Runat="Server" />
>
> How does the code look like in the Sub "ExportingData" to export data
> into
> excel, word ..?
>
> Please give me your ideas ? Thanks in advance

bienwell

Thank you, Elton. I've tried the codes from this link. It worked fine.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...