Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Boilerplate template code for database add/update/delete

Boilerplate template code for database add/update/delete

dwok

Does anyone know of any "boilerplate" template that can be utilized to
add/edit/delete information from a database? I am working on an
application that does a whole lot of adds, edits, and updates and it
seems like most of my code is very repetative. I have been looking to
move everything into a class for re-use but before I did I wanted to
see if there was anybody else who had done the same thing already.
Thanks!

- dwok

Scott Allen

You might want to check out a code gen tool like CodeSmith.
http://www.ericjsmith.net/codesmith/

There are plenty of other tools in this category, too.

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

On 11 May 2005 08:21:27 -0700, "dwok" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Does anyone know of any "boilerplate" template that can be utilized to
>add/edit/delete information from a database? I am working on an
>application that does a whole lot of adds, edits, and updates and it
>seems like most of my code is very repetative. I have been looking to
>move everything into a class for re-use but before I did I wanted to
>see if there was anybody else who had done the same thing already.
>Thanks!
>
>- dwok

Lucas Tam

"dwok" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1115824887.783312.91830
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Does anyone know of any "boilerplate" template that can be utilized to
> add/edit/delete information from a database?

Take a look at the Data Application Building Blocks. Version 2.0 is easy to
use. Haven't tried version 3.0 yet. Data Application Building Blocks can
be found on MSDN.

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))