Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Load an Embbed Resource image

Load an Embbed Resource image

Fernando Lopes

Hey there!
Someone knows how can I get and show an embbed resource image?
I'm developing a web custom control and this control have some images and I
want to put all these images like a embbed resource.

Tks.
Fernando Lopes

Brock Allen

System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly(). GetManifestResourceStream("YourImageNameHere")

Take the resultant stream and write it to Response.OutputStream. DOn't forget
to also change the ResponseContentType = "image/jpg" (or whatever it is).

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> Hey there!
> Someone knows how can I get and show an embbed resource image?
> I'm developing a web custom control and this control have some images
> and I
> want to put all these images like a embbed resource.
> Tks.
> Fernando Lopes

William F. Robertson, Jr.

You will want to accomplish this through a HttpHandler. This probably does
a little more than you are wanting, but this is a fuller explanation of
Brock's answer:

http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ressrvpage.asp

bill

news:u2%(E-Mail Removed)...