Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > anonymous access account for sqlConnection

anonymous access account for sqlConnection

yurps

Hello on my windowsXP coding machine I have a webapp
with Anonymous Access enabled and a windows user account and password
typed in...and the Integrated Window authentication checkbox tick in
"properties....Directory security"

in web.config I have
<authentication mode="None" />
<identity impersonate="true" />
<appSettings>
<add key="ConnectionString" value="Integrated Security=SSPI;Data
Source=DB;Initial Catalog=PRODUCTS;persist security info=false;packet
size=4096;Trusted_Connection=Yes"/>

This works....

I move the app to Windows 2003 and get this
Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does
not exist or access denied.

Is this something to do with authetication hoping....must I put the
username and password into the <identity element ???

thanks,
all yurped out

yurps

Never mind....a dba with a severe messianic complex installed the
database to run on an obscure port well into 5 figures...

I guess this is some peoples idea of security...arrgh...