Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Incorrect(?) behavior of Next key in TB 1.0

Incorrect(?) behavior of Next key in TB 1.0

If the Inbox is sorted in descending date order (most recent at top of
list), and if you're reading the oldest new message, the next key will
not jump to the next oldest unread message, but to the newest unread
message.

Specifically:

Inbox:
Unread message 3, date 11:00
Unread message 2, date 10:00
Unread message 1, date 9:00

I you read message 1, then click Next, TB will take you to message 3. It
should take you to message 2, which is the next message.

Right?

Moz Champion

Z wrote:

> If the Inbox is sorted in descending date order (most recent at top of
> list), and if you're reading the oldest new message, the next key will
> not jump to the next oldest unread message, but to the newest unread
> message.
>
> Specifically:
>
> Inbox:
> Unread message 3, date 11:00
> Unread message 2, date 10:00
> Unread message 1, date 9:00
>
> I you read message 1, then click Next, TB will take you to message 3. It
> should take you to message 2, which is the next message.
>
> Right?

The Next commands go the NEXT unread message in the window. In your
example, if you are reading message 1 the next unread is message 3,
because its at the top of the list, it then proceeds down the list to 2.

If you want them to be read and Next to function in the manner you
envisage, then sort in ascending order

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Moz Champion wrote:
> The Next commands go the NEXT unread message in the window. In your
> example, if you are reading message 1 the next unread is message 3,
> because its at the top of the list, it then proceeds down the list to 2.
>
> If you want them to be read and Next to function in the manner you
> envisage, then sort in ascending order

Gotta disagree ... The behavior of Next is wrong. Next should take me to
the next mail message, no matter how the display is sorted. If I'm
reading the 9am message, the next one is the 10am message, not the 11am
message.

Can anyone report a bug in Bugzilla (and is that where this would be
reported?)

Leonidas Jones

Z wrote:
> Moz Champion wrote:
>
>> The Next commands go the NEXT unread message in the window. In your
>> example, if you are reading message 1 the next unread is message 3,
>> because its at the top of the list, it then proceeds down the list to 2.
>>
>> If you want them to be read and Next to function in the manner you
>> envisage, then sort in ascending order

> Gotta disagree ... The behavior of Next is wrong. Next should take me to
> the next mail message, no matter how the display is sorted. If I'm
> reading the 9am message, the next one is the 10am message, not the 11am
> message.
>
> Can anyone report a bug in Bugzilla (and is that where this would be
> reported?)

You need a Bugzilla account, which is available to anyone. Research your
potential bug thoroughly, to be sure you are not submitting a dupe, and
that it really is a bug.

Personally, i agree with Dan, this is not a bug, just the program
functioning in a way with which you don't agree. That's just my opinion
though.

Lee