Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Urgent... Crystal Report won't show data

Urgent... Crystal Report won't show data

=?Utf-8?B?RGlnZ2xlcg==?=

I was working on a report that is populated with three different tables in a
strongly-typed dataset. The tables are populated from custom objects rather
than directly from SQL Server. I loop through the objects and add the rows
one at a time. I then push the dataset to the Crystal Report.

The report worked fine, until this morning. I added another field or two to
the dataset, and rearranged the report fields to organize the report better.
The data stopped showing up in the report. I didn't change anything drastic.
I am binding the report in the Page_Load event.

Why would this suddenly occur? Where can I even start to troubleshoot this?
I added a watch to the dataset, and I have verified that all of the
datatables are being properly populated with data. It doesn't matter if I
drag the fields from the Field Explorer into their own fields, or if I drag
them into a text field. No data at all is rendered.

gabe garza

I'm just getting use to Crystal Reports.
I notice that after I change my stored procedure you need to refresh again
so that Crystal can rebind to anything added. In my case a change to the
stored procedure.

From the Menu go to Report -> Refresh Report Data or F5, it might ask for
some new parameter values, type in what's required on your report then you
should see Crystal pop up a MessageBox stating that something has change and
it needs to fix the report.

Hope that helps.

"Diggler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was working on a report that is populated with three different tables in
> strongly-typed dataset. The tables are populated from custom objects
> rather
> than directly from SQL Server. I loop through the objects and add the
> rows
> one at a time. I then push the dataset to the Crystal Report.
>
> The report worked fine, until this morning. I added another field or two
> the dataset, and rearranged the report fields to organize the report
> better.
> The data stopped showing up in the report. I didn't change anything
> drastic.
> I am binding the report in the Page_Load event.
>
> Why would this suddenly occur? Where can I even start to troubleshoot
> this?
> I added a watch to the dataset, and I have verified that all of the
> datatables are being properly populated with data. It doesn't matter if I
> drag the fields from the Field Explorer into their own fields, or if I
> drag
> them into a text field. No data at all is rendered.

=?Utf-8?B?RGlnZ2xlcg==?=

I have done that; I have logged off/logged back on the server, verified the
database (found changes, updated the field list) and all of that stuff. I'm
stumped.

Just to clarify, it's not the new fields that aren't being shown; it's ALL
the fields, including ones that were previously being displayed in the report.

"gabe garza" wrote:

> I'm just getting use to Crystal Reports.
> I notice that after I change my stored procedure you need to refresh again
> so that Crystal can rebind to anything added. In my case a change to the
> stored procedure.
>
> From the Menu go to Report -> Refresh Report Data or F5, it might ask for
> some new parameter values, type in what's required on your report then you
> should see Crystal pop up a MessageBox stating that something has change and
> it needs to fix the report.
>
> Hope that helps.
>

> "Diggler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I was working on a report that is populated with three different tables in
> > strongly-typed dataset. The tables are populated from custom objects
> > rather
> > than directly from SQL Server. I loop through the objects and add the
> > rows
> > one at a time. I then push the dataset to the Crystal Report.
> >
> > The report worked fine, until this morning. I added another field or two
> > the dataset, and rearranged the report fields to organize the report
> > better.
> > The data stopped showing up in the report. I didn't change anything
> > drastic.
> > I am binding the report in the Page_Load event.
> >
> > Why would this suddenly occur? Where can I even start to troubleshoot
> > this?
> > I added a watch to the dataset, and I have verified that all of the
> > datatables are being properly populated with data. It doesn't matter if I
> > drag the fields from the Field Explorer into their own fields, or if I
> > drag
> > them into a text field. No data at all is rendered.

gabe garza

This is what I'd do.
Create another report and just put 2 of the fields (new or old doesn't
matter) on the report, then run the report.
If you get data back then there's something wrong with the report you
modified. If you don't get any data back, then there's something with your
data source.