Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Have an object that dont work on host but works on my PC ?

Have an object that dont work on host but works on my PC ?

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhc3Vu?=

Evening,

The following works on my dev PC but not on our hosts server it seems;

<OBJECT DATA='http://www.hostip.info/map/frame.html'
TYPE='text/html' BORDER=0
WIDTH=610 HEIGHT=330 HSPACE=0 VSPACE=0>
</OBJECT>

I am wondering why?
Its a Java Applett. Why would this not work when on the host server being
hit from my Dev PC ?
Run the same page on my Dev PC and it works great.

Thanks
Deasun
--
Deasun
Home Site: www.tirnaog.com

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

If you substitute the IP address does it work?

<OBJECT DATA='http://66.102.124.100/map/frame.html'
TYPE='text/html' BORDER=0
WIDTH=610 HEIGHT=330 HSPACE=0 VSPACE=0>
</OBJECT>

If it works with the IP address, it is a DNS issue. If not, does the machine
have a proxy server configured?

Ken

news:(E-Mail Removed)...