Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > User control in seperate DLL

User control in seperate DLL

=?Utf-8?B?UG9udGlNYXg=?=

Hi,

VS.NET compiles all code into a single DLL. How can I create a user control
whose codebehind file is compiled into a single autonomous DLL?

I want to be able to dynamically load the user control along with its
codebehind file...

Many thanks in advance,
J.

=?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBNVlA=?=

Declaratively set up the error page in the web.config file.

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

***************************
Think Outside the Box!
***************************

"PontiMax" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> VS.NET compiles all code into a single DLL. How can I create a user control
> whose codebehind file is compiled into a single autonomous DLL?
>
> I want to be able to dynamically load the user control along with its
> codebehind file...
>
> Many thanks in advance,
> J.

=?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBNVlA=?=

My suggestion is move to a server control. User controls are not designed to
be dynamically loaded from a separate assembly. While you might find a way
around this, it would be more productive to move the code to a server control.

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

***************************
Think Outside the Box!
***************************

"PontiMax" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> VS.NET compiles all code into a single DLL. How can I create a user control
> whose codebehind file is compiled into a single autonomous DLL?
>
> I want to be able to dynamically load the user control along with its
> codebehind file...
>
> Many thanks in advance,
> J.

TDAVISJR

What you really want is a asp.net composite control.

--
TDAVISJR
aka - Tampa.NET Koder

news:(E-Mail Removed)...