Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Does Mozilla dislike scripts?

Does Mozilla dislike scripts?

Vartkes

Before I surrender completely to Mozilla (abandoning Internet Explorer
forever) I wanted to make sure all my bookmarks imported from IE 6.1
were still working 100%.

The only one that is still resisting is:
http://www.hltcentral.org/web_interface/index.shtml
(Its the sign-in page of a proprietary content management system)

The page is currently showing blank.
I arrive at the correct login page if I omit 'index.shtml' from the URL.
However, subsequent pages are also showing a blank page
- making the interface unusable.

I have had a look at the source behind the page - but don't know
enough about Mozilla (or scripts) to know what is upsetting it.

Is there a work-around solution to this? (e.g plug-ins, extensions?)

Any pointers much appreciated.

Vartkes

----
Vartkes

Tom Betz

Quoth "Vartkes" <(E-Mail Removed)> in news:41e12a71$(E-Mail Removed):

> The only one that is still resisting is:
> http://www.hltcentral.org/web_interface/index.shtml

It's exceedingly non-standard HTML.

See <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hltcentral.org%2Fweb_in terface%2Findex.shtml>
for details.

If you must use it, get the Open in IE extension until they fix it.

--
George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every

Arne

Once upon a time *Tom Betz* wrote:

> Quoth "Vartkes" <(E-Mail Removed)> in news:41e12a71$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> The only one that is still resisting is:
>> http://www.hltcentral.org/web_interface/index.shtml

> It's exceedingly non-standard HTML.
>
> See <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hltcentral.org%2Fweb_in terface%2Findex.shtml>
> for details.
>
> If you must use it, get the Open in IE extension until they fix it.

What's the f*****g idea with coding a frameset page with Javascript
only!!!!!?????

--
/Arne

If you owe the bank a million, you have a problem.
If you owe the bank ten million, the bank has a problem! (Unknown)

Xin Zhang

try change the code

var ns = (document.layers)? true:false

into

var ns = (document.layers||document.getElementById)? true:false

maybe work maybe not.

Tom Betz

Quoth Arne <(E-Mail Removed)> in news:rqaEd.13744$d5.115915
@newsb.telia.net:

> Once upon a time *Tom Betz* wrote:
>
>> Quoth "Vartkes" <(E-Mail Removed)> in
>> news:41e12a71$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> The only one that is still resisting is:
>>> http://www.hltcentral.org/web_interface/index.shtml

>> It's exceedingly non-standard HTML.
>>
>> See
>> <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...w.hltcentral.o
>> rg%2Fweb_interface%2Findex.shtml> for details.
>>
>> If you must use it, get the Open in IE extension until they fix
>> it.
>>

> What's the f*****g idea with coding a frameset page with
> Javascript only!!!!!?????

Judging from the source, some crazy German:

<head>
<title>Staps WebBuilder</title>

[...]

The only living references to Staps WebBuilder I can find on Google
seem to be announcements that web sites (like freiwillig.de[1])
have changed to a different content manager. It looks as though
Staps (whatever it was) has disappeared.

[1] <http://www.cosmocode.de/news/news2002/freiwillig.html>

--

"Tom Betz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns95D9CE714AAD4greenriverordinance@166.84.1. 69...
> Quoth Arne <(E-Mail Removed)> in news:rqaEd.13744$d5.115915
> @newsb.telia.net:
>
> > Once upon a time *Tom Betz* wrote:
> >
> >> Quoth "Vartkes" <(E-Mail Removed)> in
> >> news:41e12a71$(E-Mail Removed):

> >> It's exceedingly non-standard HTML.
> >>
> >> See
> >> <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...w.hltcentral.o
> >> rg%2Fweb_interface%2Findex.shtml> for details.
> >>
> >> If you must use it, get the Open in IE extension until they fix
> >> it.
> >>

> > What's the f*****g idea with coding a frameset page with
> > Javascript only!!!!!?????

> Judging from the source, some crazy German:

> <head>
> <title>Staps WebBuilder</title>

> [...]
>
> The only living references to Staps WebBuilder I can find on Google
> seem to be announcements that web sites (like freiwillig.de[1])
> have changed to a different content manager. It looks as though
> Staps (whatever it was) has disappeared.
>
> [1] <http://www.cosmocode.de/news/news2002/freiwillig.html>
>
> --
> George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
> Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every
> disability caused there is more blood on George W. Bush's hands,
> and on the hands of everyone who voted for George W. Bush.
> The more you know, the less likely you were to vote for Bush.
> <http://shorterlink.com/?47TBP8>
> Feeling a draft? <http://shorterlink.com/?930B5U>
> For the facts on Iraq, see <http://optruth.org>.

Thank you all for you (increasingly abusive) comments on the
interface code. I shall pass it on the 'crazy Germans' (correct guess)
to mull over

Regards

Vartkes