Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Pros Advice

Pros Advice

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

Hi,

I am building a web app to take customer info. shipping info and then an
order and send data to database. I was planning on using one page to take
both the customer info and shipping info by using panels and then another
page for the order. Is that the right way? Or do I create separate pages and
then pass the data from one page to another via querystrings?

What would be the recommended approach in this situation and also what are
the best ways to flow the info from one page to another and then making a
final insert to the database after the order is being placed.

Thanks

Kevin Spencer

A good rule of thumb is, never load code until you need it. The reason for
this is that the mere loading of the code occupies a certain small amount of
memory, even though it is not processed. And there is processing involved as
well, such as the conditional processing to determine which code gets
executed. So, the best practice is to make these separate pages. If they
share some functionality, put it into Controls and/or classes that can be
used by both Pages.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer