Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mozilla 1.75 vs Firefox & Thunderbird

Mozilla 1.75 vs Firefox & Thunderbird

measekite

Have been using the Mozilla suite for some time along with Sunbird
(Calendar) to give me the same functions as IE and Outlook but better.
I am very happy with it. I took a quick look at Firefox and cannot see
any advantage to switching. I am not concerned with the size of the suite.

Any Comments?

Moz Champion

measekite wrote:

> Have been using the Mozilla suite for some time along with Sunbird
> (Calendar) to give me the same functions as IE and Outlook but better.
> I am very happy with it. I took a quick look at Firefox and cannot see
> any advantage to switching. I am not concerned with the size of the suite.
>
> Any Comments?

The idea is that you have a choice.

You can choose (with Firefox) which Mail program you want to use, while
the choice is made for you with the suite.

Breaking the components out into separate applications also allows
faster development across the breadth of the program. An enhancement or
'bug fix' in one component doesnt come to grief because it breaks
something in another component

Firefox is attractive to quite a few users who wish to switch from IE,
but dont want to switch email programs for example.

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Justin

measekite wrote on [Sat, 08 Jan 2005 01:04:39 GMT]:
> Have been using the Mozilla suite for some time along with Sunbird
> (Calendar) to give me the same functions as IE and Outlook but better.
> I am very happy with it. I took a quick look at Firefox and cannot see
> any advantage to switching. I am not concerned with the size of the suite.
>
> Any Comments?

One thing I miss from time to time from the suite is being able to email
web pages, and not just links. Or even images from the web. The suite
made this very easy.