Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox hangs/slow load - especially on web ads - help!

Firefox hangs/slow load - especially on web ads - help!

iDAHOPRiME

Please help,. i dont want to go back to IE.

it seemed firefox was fine for a week or so.
Now, on certain webpages, it hangs for a long time, while it is receiving
info from ads that are on the page. I read a little bit about this on
google, some places have some patches, but i dont know enough to apply
them, somwthing about the ipv6 being a problem in microsoft? or something
like that?

Or could it be spybot in some way?

Please help......
Oh and im still using Outlook, i suppose i should switch to thunderbird
huh? Are there many good reasons too?

Thanks!

Henk Jol

iDAHOPRiME schreef:

>Please help,. i dont want to go back to IE.
>
>it seemed firefox was fine for a week or so.
>Now, on certain webpages, it hangs for a long time, while it is receiving
>info from ads that are on the page.

hmm does it really hang? in my situation it looks for ads that are
blocked, but scrolling the rest of the page is -in general- no problem.
Sometimes it hangs/chokes for a second.

>I read a little bit about this on
>google, some places have some patches, but i dont know enough to apply
>them, somwthing about the ipv6 being a problem in microsoft? or something
>like that?
>
>Or could it be spybot in some way?

Run ad-aware to find this out......

>Please help......
>Oh and im still using Outlook, i suppose i should switch to thunderbird
>huh? Are there many good reasons too?

For mail there are several other good alternatives, (the bat, eudora,
pegasus), depending on what you use it for.

Henk Jol

Henk Jol wrote:
> iDAHOPRiME schreef:
>

>>Please help,. i dont want to go back to IE.
>>
>>it seemed firefox was fine for a week or so.
>>Now, on certain webpages, it hangs for a long time, while it is receiving
>>info from ads that are on the page.

> hmm does it really hang? in my situation it looks for ads that are
> blocked, but scrolling the rest of the page is -in general- no problem.
> Sometimes it hangs/chokes for a second.

it hangs for about 10 seconds. off the top of my head, it hangs on
www.vcdquality.com or cdcovers.cc

its imppossible to go to these sites. it sucks. any page with a big ad
just kills it.