Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET Game I wrote...

Reply
Thread Tools

ASP.NET Game I wrote...

 
 
Saul
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-01-2005
Hi all!

I was wondering if a few of you might want to try out my new online game
here... GEEKSLOTS!

http://saulysw.servepics.com/Geekslots/frmSpin.aspx

Which I wrote in ASP.NET. I have not written a help page yet, so I guess it
needs some explaination! What you need to do is build a computer from parts,
and then sell it for profit. You have 4 parts at a time to consider (top
right), and your system below. You must buy at least one part from the 4
each time, before you get new parts - or start a new system. Some things are
optional, like a second hard drive or cd, but add quite a lot to the value
of a system if you put items there. Note that some items actually make your
system worth LESS than what you paid for it. Also, there are bonses if you
get multiple items, similar to a 4 reeled slot machine. You get paid in a
nominal currency called "Geekpoints" and you are rated to see how big a geek
you are! Sounds confusing, but if you play it for a few minutes I think
you'll get the hang of it. How much of a geek are you?? Find out!!

I have realised that this benefits from a fairly large screen. If you are
running at less than 1024x786 you will probably not like it much. Anyway...
all an any feedback welcome!

Once I've tweaked this a bit, I'll make the code downloadable on my web
site...

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/sbryan/

ps. This is running off my home PIII server on a cable connection in
Australia, so if it gets loaded it's likely to be fairly slow, and I might
even have to kill the site if it gets too popular!

Regards,
Saul


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Scott M.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-01-2005
What was your question or technical comment?


"Saul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Hm5de.36089$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all!
>
> I was wondering if a few of you might want to try out my new online game
> here... GEEKSLOTS!
>
> http://saulysw.servepics.com/Geekslots/frmSpin.aspx
>
> Which I wrote in ASP.NET. I have not written a help page yet, so I guess
> it
> needs some explaination! What you need to do is build a computer from
> parts,
> and then sell it for profit. You have 4 parts at a time to consider (top
> right), and your system below. You must buy at least one part from the 4
> each time, before you get new parts - or start a new system. Some things
> are
> optional, like a second hard drive or cd, but add quite a lot to the value
> of a system if you put items there. Note that some items actually make
> your
> system worth LESS than what you paid for it. Also, there are bonses if you
> get multiple items, similar to a 4 reeled slot machine. You get paid in a
> nominal currency called "Geekpoints" and you are rated to see how big a
> geek
> you are! Sounds confusing, but if you play it for a few minutes I think
> you'll get the hang of it. How much of a geek are you?? Find out!!
>
> I have realised that this benefits from a fairly large screen. If you are
> running at less than 1024x786 you will probably not like it much.
> Anyway...
> all an any feedback welcome!
>
> Once I've tweaked this a bit, I'll make the code downloadable on my web
> site...
>
> http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/sbryan/
>
> ps. This is running off my home PIII server on a cable connection in
> Australia, so if it gets loaded it's likely to be fairly slow, and I might
> even have to kill the site if it gets too popular!
>
> Regards,
> Saul
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Saul
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-01-2005
Scott,

I guess I'm seeking opinion on the program as a whole. So I'm looking for
technical comment, and I thought some people might find it a bit of fun. I'm
not trying to spam the group - it is relevant in that it's all written in
ASP.NET. I do have some issues with the code as well, which I may well ask
questions later.

Regards,
Saul

"Scott M." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What was your question or technical comment?
>
>
> "Saul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Hm5de.36089$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I was wondering if a few of you might want to try out my new online game
> > here... GEEKSLOTS!
> >
> > http://saulysw.servepics.com/Geekslots/frmSpin.aspx
> >
> > Which I wrote in ASP.NET. I have not written a help page yet, so I guess
> > it
> > needs some explaination! What you need to do is build a computer from
> > parts,
> > and then sell it for profit. You have 4 parts at a time to consider (top
> > right), and your system below. You must buy at least one part from the 4
> > each time, before you get new parts - or start a new system. Some things
> > are
> > optional, like a second hard drive or cd, but add quite a lot to the

value
> > of a system if you put items there. Note that some items actually make
> > your
> > system worth LESS than what you paid for it. Also, there are bonses if

you
> > get multiple items, similar to a 4 reeled slot machine. You get paid in

a
> > nominal currency called "Geekpoints" and you are rated to see how big a
> > geek
> > you are! Sounds confusing, but if you play it for a few minutes I think
> > you'll get the hang of it. How much of a geek are you?? Find out!!
> >
> > I have realised that this benefits from a fairly large screen. If you

are
> > running at less than 1024x786 you will probably not like it much.
> > Anyway...
> > all an any feedback welcome!
> >
> > Once I've tweaked this a bit, I'll make the code downloadable on my web
> > site...
> >
> > http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/sbryan/
> >
> > ps. This is running off my home PIII server on a cable connection in
> > Australia, so if it gets loaded it's likely to be fairly slow, and I

might
> > even have to kill the site if it gets too popular!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Saul
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Patrick Olurotimi Ige
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-02-2005
Hi Saul,
Which part of Australia are you?




*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
 
Reply With Quote
 
Scott M.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-02-2005
I might suggest that you try a gamers forum to test the usability of your
game. If you have technical questions or comments they would be best posted
here.


"Saul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:B3cde.36150$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Scott,
>
> I guess I'm seeking opinion on the program as a whole. So I'm looking for
> technical comment, and I thought some people might find it a bit of fun.
> I'm
> not trying to spam the group - it is relevant in that it's all written in
> ASP.NET. I do have some issues with the code as well, which I may well ask
> questions later.
>
> Regards,
> Saul
>
> "Scott M." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What was your question or technical comment?
>>
>>
>> "Saul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:Hm5de.36089$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi all!
>> >
>> > I was wondering if a few of you might want to try out my new online
>> > game
>> > here... GEEKSLOTS!
>> >
>> > http://saulysw.servepics.com/Geekslots/frmSpin.aspx
>> >
>> > Which I wrote in ASP.NET. I have not written a help page yet, so I
>> > guess
>> > it
>> > needs some explaination! What you need to do is build a computer from
>> > parts,
>> > and then sell it for profit. You have 4 parts at a time to consider
>> > (top
>> > right), and your system below. You must buy at least one part from the
>> > 4
>> > each time, before you get new parts - or start a new system. Some
>> > things
>> > are
>> > optional, like a second hard drive or cd, but add quite a lot to the

> value
>> > of a system if you put items there. Note that some items actually make
>> > your
>> > system worth LESS than what you paid for it. Also, there are bonses if

> you
>> > get multiple items, similar to a 4 reeled slot machine. You get paid in

> a
>> > nominal currency called "Geekpoints" and you are rated to see how big a
>> > geek
>> > you are! Sounds confusing, but if you play it for a few minutes I think
>> > you'll get the hang of it. How much of a geek are you?? Find out!!
>> >
>> > I have realised that this benefits from a fairly large screen. If you

> are
>> > running at less than 1024x786 you will probably not like it much.
>> > Anyway...
>> > all an any feedback welcome!
>> >
>> > Once I've tweaked this a bit, I'll make the code downloadable on my web
>> > site...
>> >
>> > http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/sbryan/
>> >
>> > ps. This is running off my home PIII server on a cable connection in
>> > Australia, so if it gets loaded it's likely to be fairly slow, and I

> might
>> > even have to kill the site if it gets too popular!
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Saul
>> >
>> >

>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Saul
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-02-2005
Scott,

I take your point.

Regards,
Saul

"Scott M." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I might suggest that you try a gamers forum to test the usability of your
> game. If you have technical questions or comments they would be best

posted
> here.
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Saul
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-02-2005
Patrick,

I live in Turramurra, Sydney, NSW, Australia. It's a nice place!

Regards,
Saul


"Patrick Olurotimi Ige" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Saul,
> Which part of Australia are you?
>
>
>
>
> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Game programming for kids: looking for open source 2D game developmentkit Max Kubierschky Python 10 03-31-2007 07:18 PM
I need help with card game game of war in GUI enviroment judith Java 0 11-01-2006 06:11 AM
Java Game- Game can't find it's graphics jar file BlackHawke Java 12 01-26-2004 06:14 AM



Advertisments