Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Sound in Firefox

Sound in Firefox

Smoker

How can it be disabled?

Everytime the mouse goes over a hyperlink, or almost when anything happens
it has to make pops, psssfts, etc., and it's very annoying. It got that way
from trying to install an extension that would allow music to play on a web
page, but there is no audio extensions of any sort installed and no way I
can see to get rid of it.

I went to the about:config page and disabled what I could there, but that
was no help at all. I never had excessive sounds in IE, it just played music
files when appropriate.

Moz Champion

Smoker wrote:

> How can it be disabled?
>
> Everytime the mouse goes over a hyperlink, or almost when anything happens
> it has to make pops, psssfts, etc., and it's very annoying. It got that way
> from trying to install an extension that would allow music to play on a web
> page, but there is no audio extensions of any sort installed and no way I
> can see to get rid of it.
>
> I went to the about:config page and disabled what I could there, but that
> was no help at all. I never had excessive sounds in IE, it just played music
> files when appropriate.

Its not Firefox <g>, its your system (or another program).

The only sounds Firefox can produce are when a pop up window is blocked
(user selectable)

Look around in your system controls or sound program on how to disable
sounds for 'events'
--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org