Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Help! How to list all client-side printers???

Help! How to list all client-side printers???

SD

Hi,

I've been searching all over the place but can't find a routine (asp, java,
vbscript) that can help me populate a dropdown list that contains all the
printers installed on the users workstation.

The reason why I need this done it's because I have a report that can be
viewed to screen or printed directly to the printer, so when they select
this choice I need to be able to let them choose the printer they want to
use.

The report is a Crystal report V10. And yes, the user can print from the
Crystal report on screen but doing that would make the application pretty
useless.

Thank you for your help!

Bruce Barker

there is no supported way to do this short of an active/x control due to
security.

note: a .net active/x control would need require the user increase its
secuirty setting beyond the default.

-- bruce

news:1114715945.561e480478a594b4baa0cc81acdb7f16@t eranews...