Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > get user information

get user information

sck10

Hello,

I built a web site on our companies intranet. Is there a way to get the
user information (user name, machine name etc.) when a person views a web
page?

--
Thanks in advance,

sck10

Brock Allen

If you're authenticating the user somehow then User.Identity.Name will get
thir name. For the other stuff, you can access Request.UserHostAddress and
Request.UserHostName.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> Hello,
>
> I built a web site on our companies intranet. Is there a way to get
> the user information (user name, machine name etc.) when a person
> views a web page?
>
> sck10

=?Utf-8?B?RWx0b24gVw==?=

For intranet web application, you can use Windows authentication and deny
anonymous access. Then you can use Page.User.Identity.Name to determine user;
and use Page.User.IsInRole(strRole) to determines whether the current
principal belongs to the specified role.

HTH

Elton Wang

"sck10" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I built a web site on our companies intranet. Is there a way to get the
> user information (user name, machine name etc.) when a person views a web
> page?
>
> --
> Thanks in advance,
>
> sck10

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Make sure u deny Anonymous Access in IIS!

=?Utf-8?B?RWx0b24gVw==?=

You can also deny anonymous Access for specific application in Web.config file.