Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mozilla: Where do I get the | character?

Mozilla: Where do I get the | character?

get-it

Mozilla: Where do I get the | character?

Leonidas Jones

get-it wrote:
> Mozilla: Where do I get the | character?

Well, its the uppercase of the back slash \, just as in Outlook Express. |

That's so simple that I suspect I am not understanding you. Could you
clarify your question? Do you mean how to type it in Mail or in a form
in the browser, or how to display it in the browser?

Lee

Gunther

> Mozilla: Where do I get the | character?

I rarely use it, so you can have mine. --> |
(It's the SHIFTED right-most key in the 3rd row from the
top of my keyboard, counting the F-keys as row 1.)

Arne

Once upon a time *Leonidas Jones* wrote:

> get-it wrote:
>> Mozilla: Where do I get the | character?
>>

> Well, its the uppercase of the back slash \, just as in Outlook Express. |

Well, it's not in Mozilla but on the keybord. Where on the keyboard
depends on the ---- keyboard
On my keyboard it's on the same button as "<" and ">" and I have to
press "Alt Gr" also when I need the "|"

--
/Arne
http://web.telia.com/~u97802964/

The old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything and the
young know everything. (Oscar Wilde)

Gareth J M Saunders

> Mozilla: Where do I get the | character?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, either.

The | character, or 'pipe' character I can type with Shift + \, that is the
key to the left of my 'Z' key on this QWERTY keyboard.

You can also get the character by holding down the Alt key (NOT Alt Gr) and
typing 0124 on the number pad on your keyboard, thus: Alt + 0124 = |

In HTML you could acheive this with |

But when you say "Mozilla: Where do I get the | character?" ... what exactly
do you mean?

Gareth J M Saunders
Edinburgh UK