Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird >>>

Thunderbird >>>

Scratch

Is there a way to change the color bars that show up in quotes in a
message? I would much prefer the > sign

Thanks

Jeroen Budts

Scratch wrote:
> Is there a way to change the color bars that show up in quotes in a
> message? I would much prefer the > sign
>
> Thanks

have a look at the QuoteColors extension (didn't try it myself)
http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/

greetz,
Jeroen

Jeroen Budts

Jeroen Budts wrote:
> Scratch wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to change the color bars that show up in quotes in a
>> message? I would much prefer the > sign
>>
>> Thanks

> have a look at the QuoteColors extension (didn't try it myself)
> http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/

It turned out that the extension did not work on Thunderbird 1.0 (not
yet updated)
You can find an updated version here:
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index...hl=quotecolors
This one works fine (tried it myself)

Greetz,
Jeroen

Scratch

Jeroen Budts wrote:
> Jeroen Budts wrote:
>
>> Scratch wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a way to change the color bars that show up in quotes in a
>>> message? I would much prefer the > sign
>>>
>>> Thanks

>> have a look at the QuoteColors extension (didn't try it myself)
>> http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/

> It turned out that the extension did not work on Thunderbird 1.0 (not
> yet updated)
> You can find an updated version here:
> http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index...hl=quotecolors
> This one works fine (tried it myself)
>
> Greetz,
> Jeroen

Ok, I'll check it out. Thanks

Scratch

Jeroen Budts wrote:
> Jeroen Budts wrote:
>
>> Scratch wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a way to change the color bars that show up in quotes in a
>>> message? I would much prefer the > sign
>>>
>>> Thanks

>> have a look at the QuoteColors extension (didn't try it myself)
>> http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/

> It turned out that the extension did not work on Thunderbird 1.0 (not
> yet updated)
> You can find an updated version here:
> http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index...hl=quotecolors
> This one works fine (tried it myself)
>
> Greetz,
> Jeroen

Oh boy, well tried it and it says it is not compatible with Firefox
which is what I'm running Bummer!

::..BRIAN..::

(On 1/2/2005 3:18 PM) Scratch wrote:
> Jeroen Budts wrote:

> Oh boy, well tried it and it says it is not compatible with Firefox
> which is what I'm running Bummer!

You need to download the extension to your computer, and then from
Thunderbird, click Tools >> Extensions >> Install. That is how you
install extensions to Thunderbird.
--
Brian

Email Info--
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

Waltzzz

I have the > marks and not the colour bar. I did it by changing the
user.js and maybe some other file... I used the info from here to do
it:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...=588836#588836
Getting rid of colored quote bars... - MozillaZine Forums

~

I also prefer the > to the coloured line. However there is more going
on here.

The coloured line encloses all quoted material - and gets rid of the
familiar long short lines and also will work in even the tiniest
windows, try it by shinking your window - I cant do it anymore with the
> showing.

Maybe there is a way to thave the functionality without the graphics...

Mozmail vs. Thunderbird... Axl Firefox 5 08-19-2003 07:29 PM
Thunderbird Bryce Hardy Firefox 1 08-12-2003 03:19 PM
Linking Firebird / Thunderbird jimm67(nospam) Firefox 0 07-06-2003 01:46 PM

Advertisments