Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird and Threads

Thunderbird and Threads

Scratch

Anyone know how to collapse the thread on newsgroups when using Thunderbird
like Outlook express instead of having one long continuous line of news
messages?

Thanks

Leonidas Jones

Scratch wrote:
> Anyone know how to collapse the thread on newsgroups when using Thunderbird
> like Outlook express instead of having one long continuous line of news
> messages?
>
> Thanks

View>>Threads>>Collapse all Threads

Or, if you are in a hurry just hit the \ key.

Lee

Basil

Leonidas Jones schreef op 2/01/2005 6:17:

> Scratch wrote:
>
>> Anyone know how to collapse the thread on newsgroups when using
>> Thunderbird like Outlook express instead of having one long continuous
>> line of news messages?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> View>>Threads>>Collapse all Threads
>
> Or, if you are in a hurry just hit the \ key.

When you only want to view the unread messages, this doesn't work. Is
there a way to sort only the unread messages in threads instead of this
long continuous line of new articles when one only wants to view the
unread messages?

Thanks,

--
Basil

Leonidas Jones

Basil wrote:
> Leonidas Jones schreef op 2/01/2005 6:17:
>
>> Scratch wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone know how to collapse the thread on newsgroups when using
>>> Thunderbird like Outlook express instead of having one long
>>> continuous line of news messages?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> View>>Threads>>Collapse all Threads
>>
>> Or, if you are in a hurry just hit the \ key.

> When you only want to view the unread messages, this doesn't work. Is
> there a way to sort only the unread messages in threads instead of this
> long continuous line of new articles when one only wants to view the
> unread messages?
>
> Thanks,

Not that I know of. Threads with Unread will show entire threads, read
messages in the threaded along with their unread responses. The only
way to view just unread messages is to select Unread, and, as you point
out, the threading is lost.

I hope someone proves me wrong and comes up with a way to see just
unread messages, with threading retained, but I don't think its possible.

Lee

Tony Raven

Leonidas Jones wrote:

> I hope someone proves me wrong and comes up with a way to see just
> unread messages, with threading retained, but I don't think its possible.

Its not logical but it seems to work on all versions of Tbird I've used
up to and including v1.0. Set Messages to All, Threads to Unread and
Sort By to Threaded.

Tony

Basil

Tony Raven schreef op 3/01/2005 18:40:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>

>> I hope someone proves me wrong and comes up with a way to see just
>> unread messages, with threading retained, but I don't think its possible.
>>

> Its not logical but it seems to work on all versions of Tbird I've used
> up to and including v1.0. Set Messages to All, Threads to Unread and
> Sort By to Threaded.

Thank you very much, this seems to work

--
Basil

Leonidas Jones

Basil wrote:
> Tony Raven schreef op 3/01/2005 18:40:
>
>> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>>

>>> I hope someone proves me wrong and comes up with a way to see just
>>> unread messages, with threading retained, but I don't think its
>>> possible.
>>>

>> Its not logical but it seems to work on all versions of Tbird I've
>> used up to and including v1.0. Set Messages to All, Threads to Unread
>> and Sort By to Threaded.

> Thank you very much, this seems to work

Just goes to show, I should experiment before I answer. I tried this
quite a while back, and it didn't work. Works now, thanks!!

Lee