Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Accessing collection data from aspx page - how?

Accessing collection data from aspx page - how?

=?Utf-8?B?a2VybWl0?=

I have an .net aspx page MyPage.aspx (client side), with code behind
MyPage.aspx.vb (server side)

I use the pages server On_Load event (.aspx.vb) to create a collection using
classes.

Public Class CollectionPage
Inherits Web.UI.Page

Kevin Spencer

I don't know where to start, kermit. More importantly, I don't know where to
tell YOU to start.

First, you begin by saying that you have a client-side ASPX Page, and a
server-side CodeBehind. This is incorrect. You have ONE server-side ASPX
Page class. Period. Until it receives a Request, there IS no client-side.
The MyPage.aspx file contains a class definition that is derived via
inheritance from the class definition in the MyPage.aspx.vb file. When they
are compiled, you have 2 classes. Only one is used. The "CodeBehind" is the
base class from which the ASPX class is inherited.

So, in conclusion, you need to learn how object-oriented programming works
before you can start programming. Think of it as a pyramid. If the bottom
level is missing pieces, the entire pyramid is going to fall over.

This is evidenced by the second thing you state, which is that you "create a
collection using classes," and show that you have created a class that
inherits NOT a Collection class, but System.Web.UI.Page." And your question
is how to access the "Collection" data from the ASPX page.

IOW, your question doesn't make sense because you don't understand the
programming technology you're working with.

Another way to look at it is, you're trying to do Trigonometry without any
understanding of Algebra. The only solution is to learn algebra first, or
you'll be swimming in circles until the cows come home.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

"kermit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an .net aspx page MyPage.aspx (client side), with code behind
> MyPage.aspx.vb (server side)
>
> I use the pages server On_Load event (.aspx.vb) to create a collection
> using
> classes.
>
> Public Class CollectionPage
> Inherits Web.UI.Page

Mark Rae

"kermit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>I have an .net aspx page MyPage.aspx (client side), with code behind
> MyPage.aspx.vb (server side)
>
> I use the pages server On_Load event (.aspx.vb) to create a collection
> using
> classes.
>
> Public Class CollectionPage
> Inherits Web.UI.Page